Now that you have all of your measurements written down, it is time to compare them with the size charts! :)
The size chart shows the finished measurements of each size. Compare your bust, waist and hip measurements to the chart to see which size is closest to your measurements.
Everyone prefers a different type of fit. Some ladies like a tight fit for support. Others prefer their swimsuit loose for modesty. We recommend a fitted fit (the finished measurements of the swimsuit being the same as your body measurements) so that the swimsuit will stay in place well while swimming. We especially recommend the waist area of the bodice to be fitted so that the swimsuit stays put and doesn't float up in the water!
- For a "Fitted Fit" choose a size that is closest to your body measurements. For example, if your waist is 32", a size L would be exactly the same as your waist measurement.
- For a "Loose Fit" choose a size that is larger than your body measurements. For example, if your bust is 38", a size XL would give you a little extra room.
- For a "Tight Fit" choose a size that is a bit smaller than your body measurements. For example, if your hips are 31", a size S would be snug fitting.
You may not fall perfectly into one size range, but might be between two or three different sizes. In this case you have a few different options:
- Just order the size that is closest. Lycra fabric is stretchy! (Or order the next size up, if you are uncomfortable with a tight fit.)
- Order two different sizes and return the one you don't want.
- Give us your measurements when ordering a custom made swimsuit, and we will do any alterations necessary to give you the type of fit you would like!
Hope that makes sense! If you are still unsure, feel free to email us with your measurements for a size recommendation!